Hot Weather Tips and Resources
temperatures forecast to be in the 90’s by the end of the week, the
Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office offers the following list of
tips and resources to help our communities safely cope with the heat:
• Children should never be left unattended in a vehicle.
• When children are playing in and around water, they should always be accompanied by an adult,
even if they know how to swim or are wearing a life jacket.
• Check on your elderly and ill neighbors.
Beautiful but Deadly: Water Safety and Awareness (Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office)
Water Safety and Drowning Prevention (Children’s Hospital)
Map of Life Jacket Loaner Locations across Washington State (Google Maps)
• Tips for Preventing Heat-Related Illness (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
• Hot Weather Tips for Family Caregivers (Family Caregiver Alliance)
Heat Illness (Kids Health)
• Hot Weather Tips for Pets (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals)
Privacy Statement |
Site Information |
Main: 425-388-3393 or 1-800-562-4367, TTY
Snohomish County, 3000 Rockefeller Ave, Everett, WA 98201,