|Suspect in Hit and Run of Patrol Deputy in Custody
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: June 6, 2012
CONTACT: Shari Ireton, Director of Communications
425-388-3377, Breaking News Pager: 425-339-5700
EVERETT – Several tips from the public have lead to the identification of the suspect allegedly involved a hit and run of a
Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office motorcycle patrol deputy. On May 7, the deputy had stopped the suspect for speeding on SR 2
when the suspect intentionally backed over the deputy. The suspect is a 33 year-old male, last known to reside in Snohomish, was
booked into jail on unrelated charges May 13. Calls that came into the Sheriff’s Office tip line after surveillance footage of the
suspect was published by the media helped in identifying suspect.
The suspect has charged with second degree assault, possession of stolen vehicle, malicious mischief and hit and run.
TIMELINE OF EVENTS
- May 7 (7:15 AM) - Vehicle stolen from construction site in North Everett.
- May 7 (8:22 AM) - Suspect purchases cigarettes from a Clearview business.
- May 7 (Noon) - Suspect is stopped for speeding on SR 2 by a motorcycle deputy.
Suspect then allegedly deliberately backs into the deputy and flees eastbound on SR 2.
- May 9 - Stolen vehicle is recovered. Leftover food items and wrappers, as well as a time-stamped
receipt for cigarettes, are found in vehicle.
- May 13 – Suspect allegedly shoplifts from a Snohomish business, and is taken into custody and booked into county jail for
outstanding, unrelated warrants from Everett Police Department and probable cause thefts from the Sheriff’s Office jurisdiction.
- May 23 -
Video and photo of suspect is released to the media. Several tips come into the Sheriff’s Office on the suspect’s identity.
| Site Map
| | | |
Main: 425-388-3393 or 1-800-562-4367, TTY
Snohomish County, 3000 Rockefeller Ave, Everett, WA 98201,