|Law Enforcement Deputy
We are currently hiring for Deputy Sheriff, entry level and lateral. Apply by completing the following steps:
- Sign up for testing
- On the National Testing Network webpage for "Law Enforcement", select "Snohomish County Sheriff's Office"
- Review the required qualifications
- If you qualify, select a testing site (currently, testing is offered in Washington, Oregon, Arizona and Ohio)
- Select a testing date and time
- Create a "Candidate Account" and pay the testing fee
- Apply on-line
The hiring process for the Sheriff's Office is illustrated below:
Why become a Snohomish County Sheriff's Office deputy?
From lateral transfers to new recruits, our deputies will tell you there are many reasons to join the Snohomish County Sheriff's Office:
Endless opportunity. Because the county is a mix between urban and rural environments, you have the opportunity to engage with citizens in the city and the country. There are also a variety of units which offer many different types of work and experience, from patrol to detective to civil disturbance to marine services and more.
An outstanding organization. "A professional organization that embodies a high degree of integrity." "I'm proud to come to work every day and serve my community." "It's like being part of a family." This is how we see our agency and we are looking for those who want to join us for these same reasons.
Quality of Life. Snohomish County, located just north of Seattle, has much to offer employees and their families. Living in Snohomish County provides easy access to all that a big city has to offer (sports, shopping, fine dining, fine arts, and much more) and recreational activities associated with beautiful Western Washington (fishing, hiking, hunting, snowboarding, sailing, camping, and much more). Many of our employees have relocated from other parts of the country to take advantage of the great quality of life Snohomish County offers.
We are One Vision, One Voice and One Team.
The Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office has two types of hiring categories for deputies based on experience:
- Entry Level Deputy Candidates have no prior law enforcement experience and have not worked as a commissioned officer/deputy for a law enforcement agency. All candidates must meet the minimum qualifications.
- Lateral Deputy Candidates are experienced law enforcement officers who have worked for another agency for at least 12 of the past 24 months (post academy experience) at the time of testing, with full law enforcement powers and duties. Qualified Lateral Deputy Candidates may receive some added benefits such as a faster field training period, and a higher starting pay step.