Responsible for assisting the public and law enforcement administrators/officers in locating information and answering procedural questions. Enters and retrieves information in various computer systems. Types various reports, statements, and correspondence.
STATEMENT OF ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
1. Assists law enforcement personnel and the public, in person and on the phone, by providing information; answers questions, explains services, handles initial complaints and follows up on reports of runaways, telephone harassment, and/or narcotic tip information as requested; books evidence as needed.
2. Enters, maintains and retrieves data in various computer systems; creates and updates database files as needed; prepares reports from database information; prepares and submits affidavits to Washington State Patrol.
3. Drafts, types, and edits various documents such as reports, search warrants, correspondence, memorandums and/or letters as assigned; designs certificates, charts, graphs, brochures and forms; transcribes dictation and recorded interviews with suspects and/or victims; assists in organizing presentations of legal documents; updates policy manuals as requested.
4. Establishes and maintains office filing system; enters data in office records manually and/or on computer terminal; purges files in accordance with statutes and office policy; maintains original case files.
5. Sorts and copies reports to be forwarded to Prosecuting Attorney’s Office for charging; compiles statistical data for various reports.
6. Orders supplies for unit as needed; coordinates maintenance and repair of unit equipment.
7. Prepares affidavits for sex offender unit as requested; conducts searches on criminal history using various databases or computer systems; requests and coordinates hearings with Hearing Examiner.
8. Maintains emergency telephone list; updates bulletin boards; sorts and distributes incoming mail; prepares outgoing mail.
STATEMENT OF OTHER JOB DUTIES
9. May be required to testify in court proceedings.
10. May be required to attend meetings; takes minutes for meetings; prepares and distributes meeting agendas and minutes.
11. May assist in training other employees and/or volunteers.
12. May perform other duties as assigned.
| | | |
Main: 425-388-3393 or
1-800-562-4367, TTY 425-388-3700