SNOHOMISH COUNTY JOB DESCRIPTION SECURITY MARSHAL
To provide area security and public safety within limited
STATEMENT OF ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
1. Patrols and inspects the grounds and buildings within assigned jurisdiction maintaining an awareness of volatile situations, suspicious circumstances and potential weapons.
2. Enforces laws applicable to assigned jurisdiction.
3. Maintains order during
court proceedings and other events occurring on
4. Searches individuals and packages, seizes weapons, contraband and potential explosives to prevent such items from entering county facilities including correctional and court facilities; takes appropriate action including evacuation of building when necessary.
5. Responds to and investigates reported incidents, crimes and suspicious situations within jurisdiction; controls and/or secures scene, gathers evidence and interviews witnesses and victims when necessary.
6. Arrests individuals with warrants as directed by court order, arrests individuals on county property with warrants and makes on-view arrests; transports and books individuals into jail, completes and submits appropriate reports and forms; testifies when required.
7. Responds to phone, fire and duress alarms; assists in the evacuation of buildings; investigates and reports injuries, accidents and administers first-aid when necessary.
8. Monitors security entrances and contracted security staff.
9. Interacts with the media
by providing general information during events occurring on the
10. Assists and directs the public to appropriate county offices; maintains current information regarding changes to county facilities or offices.
11. Maintains necessary records and reports as required.
| | | |
Main: 425-388-3393 or
1-800-562-4367, TTY 425-388-3700